2000 Town Center
Suite 1625
Southfield, MI 48075

Call us for a free consultation


Post-Decree Modifications

Skilled Southfield Lawyers Assist with Post-Decree Modifications

The lives of both you and your former spouse will undergo significant changes after your divorce, with new employment opportunities, new relationships, and possible relocation. The court’s order on alimony, child support and parenting time, and other circumstances may no longer be appropriate given the reality you face in the months and years to come. It’s tempting to simply adjust without legally modifying the divorce decree, but you risk a number of major legal hurdles in the future if you don’t adhere to legal requirements.

Representing families in Birmingham, Royal Oak, Dearborn and Livonia and all the counties, including Oakland, Wayne and Macomb in lower Michigan

The attorneys at Benson & Associates can help you avoid the legal complications that result from failing to adhere to the official post-decree modification process. Whether you’re looking to alter the terms of child support, spousal maintenance, parenting time, or other arrangements, we explain your options and help you achieve your goals. Change can be good, but it’s necessary to lay the proper foundation.

When Circumstances Change, So Should Post-Divorce Arrangements

For all practical purposes, your final divorce decree is the law as it impacts you, your former spouse, and any minor children. Deviating from the divorce order has serious legal implications, but there are options to modify the arrangement that’s no longer suitable. Our attorneys handle all types of post-decree judgments, including:

Obtaining a Post-Decree Modification

In the absence of an agreement between the parties, an ex-spouse seeking modification must file the appropriate documents in court. It’s necessary to request the change through the proper procedure and supply proper evidence to support your position

Consult with a Southfield, MI Post-Decree Modifications Attorney

The knowledgeable lawyers at Benson & Associates are on your side when the time comes to consider making changes to your divorce decree. While we always strive to negotiate an agreement on a post-judgment modification, we will also fight for your rights in court if you and your ex-spouse cannot reach an accord. Our attorneys possess more than seven decades of experience representing clients in Oakland, Wayne, Macomb Counties, so we’re able to explain the law and counsel you on your options. For more information on post-decree modifications, please call our Southfield, MI office at 248-357-3550. You may also contact us online to schedule a consultation regarding your matter.

If You Have A Question Click Here To Contact Us

To help you out quickly, please fill out the form below and click submit, or if you prefer, call our firm at 248-357-3550.

Contact Us

2000 Town Center Suite 1625
Southfield, MI 48075

2000 Town Center
Suite 1625
Southfield, MI 48075

Nuvew | Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved