Caring, Compassionate Family Law Attorneys
Divorce is a process that stimulates a wide range of emotions. Depression, anxiety, sadness, and helplessness are common as you consider the various ways your life will change. You may wonder how you’ll cope with such issues as dividing up property with your spouse and handling your post-divorce financial affairs. If you have minor children, there are additional considerations regarding support, custody, and parenting time. Even if you and your spouse can agree on many issues, the entire experience can be overwhelming.
The family law practice group at Benson & Associates PLLC is committed to helping you through all aspects of the process with as little stress as possible. You can trust our attorneys to take on the tough challenges with alimony, child custody and support, and modifications to divorce decrees. We have the background, experience, and skills to provide premium quality representation and support.
Experience And Dedication To Serving The Needs Of Our Family Law Clients
Our attorneys handle all types of family law cases at any stage throughout the divorce process. We endeavor to help you reach agreement where possible, so we’re at your side in negotiating terms, drafting proper documents, and assisting with execution. If compromise isn’t possible, we’ll take the battle to court and fight for your legal rights. Our lawyers represent clients in connection with such matters as:
- Divorce: Even couples going through an amicable divorce need an attorney to review the terms to ensure fairness. For more complex, hotly disputed cases, our lawyers aggressively pursue your interests to obtain the best possible outcome.
- Child Support, Custody and Parenting Time: Disputes over minor children are stressful, but a skilled attorney with an extensive background and courtroom experience can ease the situation.
- Spousal Support: Michigan law provides for alimony arrangements, so that one spouse doesn’t suffer significant financial difficulties after a divorce. Whether you’re the payor or recipient spouse, our lawyers will make sure spousal support is fair and reasonable.
- Asset Division: Marital property is subject to division when couples divorce. If it’s not possible to agree on asset division with your spouse, our attorneys will step in to enforce your rights.
- Post-Judgment Modifications: When circumstances change, your divorce decree may need adjustment. We here to help you through the modification process for spousal support and issues relating to children.
We Handle All Types Of Family Law Matters
Whether you’re considering divorce, currently going through the process, or need to address post-divorce issues, you need a family law attorney to help you navigate Michigan’s complex laws. At any stage throughout divorce proceedings, you need the advice and counsel of a skilled lawyer regarding issues related to children alimony, asset division, and modification of previous orders.
At Benson & Associates PLLC, our attorneys have served clients in Oakland, Wayne, Macomb Counties for seven decades, allowing us to amass extensive, in-depth knowledge in all areas of family law. We have represented parties on different sides of a dispute, or in negotiations to reach an amicable agreement on divorce issues. Please call our Southfield, Michigan office at 248-357-3550 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a consultation.