Divorce Attorney by Me
Every year, thousands of married couples decide to call it quits. Is your marriage falling apart? Have you simply grown in different directions? Has your spouse been unfaithful? The good news is, no matter what the underlying reasons, you have options. Getting divorced does not have to be scary or daunting. In fact, a Southfield, MI divorce lawyer can help to put your mind at ease and give you simple, straightforward answers to many of your most challenging divorce questions.
Everyone is different. There may be times when a do-it-yourself divorce is appropriate. Maybe you and your spouse got married at 18, stayed married a year, never had children, and you own nothing. In that case, perhaps you could handle it yourself. Even then, you stand a good chance of misfiling paperwork or making other critical mistakes that could end up costing you more money in the long-run. Likewise, you could end up delaying your divorce. In just about all circumstances, it is much wiser to consult with an experienced divorce attorney by you.
Things a Southfield Divorce Lawyer can do to Help
Here are some of the things an experienced divorce lawyer can do to help you with your case:
- File your divorce petition properly
- Negotiate with your spouse for better terms
- Fight for the best interests of your children
- Help you preserve as much visitation or custody as possible
- Modify custody arrangements
- Argue for more or less child support
- Argue for or against alimony
- Argue for modifying a past child support order
- Seek enforcement of past court orders involving child support or alimony
What Should I Expect From a Divorce Lawyer by Me?
Depending on where you are in the process, you should expect your attorney to do all of the following:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Ask lots of questions to clarify and understand your situation better
- Collect and review your paperwork, including financial statements
- Have you sign a contract for legal services
- Offer legal advice about your options
- Make suggestions based on your situation and the lawyer’s experience
- Draft and file appropriate legal documents in court
- Draft and negotiate agreements to be signed by you and your spouse
- Mediate disputes or conflicts between you and your spouse
- Much more
Get Started Today
If you are facing a divorce in Southfield, MI, call a divorce lawyer who can help you make sense of the stress and worry. Call or visit us online to schedule your first appointment.