Bloomfield Family Law Attorney
Family law is one of the most sensitive areas of law, if only because there is so much at stake. Whether a couple is going through a divorce, a set of parents wants to modify custody orders, or a grandparent wants to obtain visitation rights, one or more parties will inevitably walk away feeling as if they “lost.” However, there is no “losing” in family law—only compromising, a fact that any experienced and compassionate family law attorney knows.
If you are dealing with a legal issue that involves one or more other family members, it would be in your best interests—both emotionally and financially speaking—to retain the help of a practiced Bloomfield family law attorney. At Benson & Associates, PLLC, we have the background, experience, and skills necessary to provide trusted and quality representation and support for a variety of complex family legal matters. Contact our office to see how our legal team can serve you.
Dedicated to Serving the Complex Needs of Family Law Clients
At Benson & Associates, PLLC, we understand that family legal matters extend past the typical divorce or child custody issues. Family matters can quickly become complex and are often difficult for inexperienced individuals to deal with on their own. That said, no one should have to deal with complicated family matters by themselves. Our team is prepared to help our clients resolve the following issues in as swift, cost-effective, and emotionally painless a manner as possible:
- Divorce: Even for those whose divorce is amicable, a divorce attorney is necessary to review the terms of the divorce settlement and ensure fairness on both sides. For more complex cases, a divorce lawyer can help mitigate disputes, negotiate a fair settlement, and aggressively fight to obtain the best possible outcome for his or her client.
- Child Custody, Support and Parenting Time: Disputes over minor children are never easy. That said, they do not have to be difficult and, for the sake of the children, they should be as uncontentious as possible. A compassionate Bloomfield family lawyer can help both parties navigate the situation, ease tensions, and possibly even mediate a fair agreement.
- Asset Division: Most parties to divorce assume that they know how they want to divide assets, until the asset division process is underway. The asset division process involves much more than determining who gets the couch, or who gets the cabin in Clare. It involves disbursing debts, dividing retirement accounts and investments, valuing businesses, and ensuring that, at the end of the day, both parties walk away with a fair amount of the marital assets. A skilled attorney can help you value your assets and debts and ensure that you walk away with what is rightfully yours.
- Spousal Support: Michigan law provides for alimony payments so that one party is not forced to endure financial difficulties while the other prospers. Whether you are the payor or the recipient, our Bloomfield family law attorney can ensure that the support amount is reasonable and fair.
- Post-Judgement Modifications: When circumstances change, as they are apt to do in the period following a divorce, you may need to modify support payments, custody, or other aspects of the divorce decree. A skilled lawyer can help you navigate the modification process and ensure that you obtain the outcome you set out to achieve.
Let Our Bloomfield Attorneys Help You Through This Difficult Time in Your Life
Whether you are thinking about divorce, are currently going through a divorce, or need to modify aspects of your divorce decree post-divorce, our Bloomfield family lawyers at Benson & Associates, PLLC, are prepared and ready to help you through this difficult time in your life. Contact our office today to learn more about how our seven decades of experience can be put to use for you.